Thursday, December 1, 2011

Bead Board Christmas Sign

After getting rid of a few outdated Christmas decor and stuff that didn't really match our new house, I realized I was left with very little to work with.  This is what I put up on my fireplace mantle and let's be honest, it looked pretty pathetic.  Too much empty wall space, too few/small decor.  So I needed something else.

 

I started out with a piece of bead board we had sitting in our garage and I spray painted it a dark reddish color.












Then I used sandpaper to rough it up a bit.













I cut out "joy to the world" in white vinyl on my cricut and placed it on there, along with some glitter snowflake ornaments I found at Dollar Tree. My other Dollar Tree find -- spray painted star -- worked perfect there.   Then I added some green garland I already had and a flower garland (thank you once again, Dollar Tree!). It makes my fireplace mantle look SO much better! :)





Now I need to get to work on my OTHER mantle .... ;)


lil luna link party buttonDIY under $5IhookedupwithHoHlamespice

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...