Thursday, February 23, 2012

Things We Love Thursdays: Silpat






I've heard lots of good things about Silpat Non-Stick Baking Mats.  I finally decided to break down and buy myself one (okay, two!) just over a month ago and I am kicking myself for not getting one sooner!  I cannot tell you how much I love this thing.

I make pizza every Friday night and my granite counter tops, while beautiful to look at, are just not suited for rolling out doughs.  No matter how much flour I put down, the dough would just stick.  I am happy to say I no longer have that problem.  :)

Okay, I knew I would love it for rolling out dough (pizza, sugar cookies, breadsticks), but I didn't realize how much more I would use it.  It's perfect for baking cookies, biscuits, rolls and my pretzel buttons.  I no longer have biscuits or cookies with dark brown or crispy bottoms.  Everything cooks more evenly and nothing sticks to the pan.  And just a quick wipe with a wet dishrag is all they need to clean up.  Makes me a happy person.  :)

So if you are on the fence like I was, or have never even heard of these before, let me make the decision for you: just go for it, you'll love it! :)

What are your favorite kitchen gadgets? 





* We were not compensated for this product review.

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...